Congratulations to our amazing Karen on being awarded the ASCTA “Meritorious Service to the Teaching of Swimming in Australia” award for 2020.
“I have a particular passion for drowning prevention and infant swimming, ensuring our swim schools provide premium, LIFE-SAVING, Learn to Swim programs. I am also proud of our high customer service standards and constantly strive to ensure that we excel in all that we do.“ - Karen Baildon
In Business, Karen:
- developed and opened Andrew Baildon Aquatic Centres (now Superfish Swim Schools) in 1996, co-creating all of the swim programs with Andrew, Superfish Swim Schools is now in its 25th year in Sth East Qld.
- plays an integral role in the growth of the organisation, from investigating and researching potential opportunities, refurbishment and construction.
- takes a very hands-on role in all aspects of the daily running of Superfish Swim Schools.
- is highly skilled and experienced in sales and marketing, promotions, events, human resources, swim program development, team training and community support/PR.
- is a highly regarded, program development specialist for all levels of swimming (babies to adults, learn-to-swim to advanced stroke correction) from conception to implementation, introducing each program in workshops with her team.
International Swimming Industry
- Speaker at the 2020 World Aquatic Development Conference, Lund, Sweden on “Independent Drowning Prevention Skills in Toddlers Under 3 - without being cruel or detrimentally affecting development.”
- ASCTA National Conference Speaker 2018 - Swim Australia Lecturer 2018 Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Tasmania (Learn To Swim Programs)
- Swim Australia SwimINFO Keynote Presenter Sydney & Melbourne 2016.
- WINNER ASCTA “Meritorious Service to the Teaching of Swimming in Australia” 2020
- WINNER: Swim Australia, Best Swim School for Marketing, Promotion & Customer Service, 2018
- WINNER: South-East Queensland Business Achievers Award for Sport & Recreation 2006
- Advisory services incl. Runaway Bay Sports Super Centre and Couran Cove pools construction